• Alex Wilhelm from Techcrunch discussed Salesforce’s acquisition of Slack and what kind of competition they face from Microsoft Teams.
• Thomas Smith from Debugger warns gift-givers of buying their loved ones tech gifts that also act as potential surveillance devices.
• Abrar Al-Heeti from CNET shares an experimental feature in TikTok that is bringing three minute videos to the platform for the first time.
• Warner Brothers announced that it would release its entire 2021 film on HBO Max on the same day as movie theaters.
• Twitter has put the new threaded replies feature to bed after users complained they were difficult to follow.
Hosts: Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Guests: Alex Wilhelm, Thomas Smith, Abrar Al-Heeti
Tech News Weekly Episode 161
More Info: https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly/episodes/161
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/twitnetcastnetwork
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.