• Steve Gibson joins to talk about the unprecedented Twitter hijacking scam that involves a god mode console that only certain employees have access to.
• Rene Ritchie discussed how Apple News is rolling out new features that emphasize local news and audio podcast content.
• A new project called the Atlas of Surveillance attempts to collect and organize surveillance sources from around the US and Dave Maass from the EFF helped spearhead it.
• Twitter is rolling out new API changes for developers to have access to some features that have been exclusive to the official app for some time.
• Librarians are creating digital escape rooms using Google Forms in creative ways to keep students active in learning and reading.
Hosts: Jason Howell, Mikah Sargent
Guests: Steve Gibson, Rene Ritchie, Dave Maass
Tech News Weekly episode 142
More Info: https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly/episodes/142
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/twitnetcastnetwork
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.